Promising Surfer Series - Angelle Aluveaux

submitted by Marianna Monentes


As Second Life (SL) surfing continues the Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) 2010 surfing season, SurfWatch is dedicated to bringing to you those surfers that stand out from the pack in the Promising Surfers series. This edition, we're proud to present: Angelle Aluveaux.

SurfWatch:  How did you get surfing down so fast being so new at it?
Angelle Aluveaux:  I just really enjoy surfing, lucked out and found a great coach...or three; and for a while it was all I would do. Still about all I do, really.

SW: When did you begin surfing?
AA:   I started surfing occasionally about a year ago, but it wasn't until July/August of last year that it became an addiction.

SW: You are Team Boracay's Co- Captain. What is your best advice you give to new surfers?
AA:  Best advice is to just have fun. Let your fingers do all the work. Oh, and if you can, try surfing on acid sometime. If you can do that, then you are good to go (laughs).

SW:  What are some issue you face recruiting surfers?
AA: The biggest issue I see is committment. So many new surfers are so hyped about being involved at first, but then they either disappear altogether, or they just can't commit to Saturday comps and despite me telling them that's okay, they go their own way.

SW: What is the best surfing tip you have gotten?
AA:  How to mod my board to help push thru the lag.

SW: Who gave you the best surfing advice?
AA:  Sean Azambuja and Harbor Piers.

SW: What advice would you give to a beginning surfer?
AA:  Get to know other surfers, watch and learn. Because if they can do it, so can you.

SW:  What is your favorite aspect of SL (Second Life) surfing?
AA:  Honestly? I would have to say the community. I was just a random surfer that popped into Mori once every couple weeks to steal one of VW (Sand's) boards and pretend I knew how to surf. Once I started hanging around long enough, everyone took me in with open arms and everyone was so helpful teaching me how to really surf.

SW: Do you surf in RL (Real Life)?
AA:  No, last time I was on a board I was about 13 and even then I didn't have the means or opportunity to do it often. My kids are like me, though, and want us all to go to a surf camp this summer.

SW: What prompted you to try SL (Second Life) surfing ?
AA:  A guy I was with at the time introduced me to it.

SW: If you could choose any style of competition, what waves and what board would that be?
AA:  Epic shortboard

SW: What's the best surf scenario for yourself?
AA:  Good people with lots of party waves at sunset.
Share:

No comments: