Election voices continued (2)

By Tauri Tigerpaw

What do surfers really want from the SLSA? (continued)

"The SLSA has been the governing body for competition surfing in Second Life since it´s conception. Certainly, not the only organisation to conduct surf contests, but is the 'official' group running contests. Considering the explosion of new members, I would like to see the SLSA offer twice as many contests or at the very least, two-day contests to allow more riders the chance to ride. I would love to see Saturday and Sunday contests. Twice as many openings (or at least an increase to 60). Pre-lims to be run on Saturdays and semis and the final on Sundays. Other than that more "quicky" events. Perhaps mini-contests between big events. SLSA parties? A chance for the riders to get to know the people behind the SLSA a little better? All of which are things they can think about after getting back on solid ground, so to speak.

"I think the SLSA does a great job and I for one apreciate all the hard work the board members do for the membership. I would only suggest that the board members ask us for help when they get in a jam. Most of us would be more than willing to help out to lighten the load." -- VW Sands (see pic, top left), competition surfer ranked 6th in the SLSA season standings.


"What I want from the SLSA is a stronger awareness that those with the loudest voices are rarely in the majority. And chocolate... lots and lots of chocolate... and waterballoons.... and crowns and tiaras for everyone.... and cute, mute surf boys.... oh wait... did I say that out loud?" -- Christine Daffodil (see pic, right), competition surfer ranked 7th in the SLSA season standings.

"I would like the SLSA to make a league of top surfers, maybe in some way permanently open to top surfers competing in an open division. I would like to see clear and complete SLSA rulebook with more responsibility and rights given to the directors. I would like to see a teams ranking and surfing teams formally sanctioned. That would add another level of excitement to SLSA competitions. I would love to see directors having time to think about the future. I definitely want to see SLSA surfers united and ready for compromise in main SLSA matters." -- Abel Halderman (see pic, left), competition surfer ranked 4th in the SLSA season standings and winner of April's SLSA Surfline Shortboard Pro.

"I expect from the new directors that they stay in their job up to the end. I would like all surfers to show them their support. Surfing has to be fun and not fighting against each other." -- Desirae Beaumont (see pic, right), competition surfer ranked 5th in the SLSA season standings and second place in the SLSA Surfline Shortboard Pro.



SurfWatch: Election voices (14 May 08)
SurfWatch: SLSA Election Up-date (13 May 08)
SurfWatch: SLSA Elections (Part I) - What's going on? (10 May 08)
SurfWatch: New SLSA directors announced (2 Mar 08)
URL: SLSA Forum

URL: SLSA Rulebook
URL: SLSA Season Standings
Share:

3 comments:

Barchan said...

Well, we obviously mix in different circles wrapguru. I know lots of RL surfers in SL, retired, landlocked and practicing. Never expected there would be any to start with, but they're there.

Anonymous said...

I've met tons of RL Surfers...

Robin Mapp is a Cali surfer, Craig Stallion surfs the NC Coast when he's not at college, Brody Bolero is actually a Pro Surfer in RL. Radical Twang surfs Australia. Jessie Park surfs... I think Cocoa Beach. Smooth Hammerer surfs RL in Florida. Clarke Torok surfed in Mass., and I think now Texas. There's a LOT dude. So... I dunno where you're meeting your SL surfers at... but you aren't in the right spots.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder... what RL probelmes/complexes some people have to post something like that... and why. All best to you wrapguru. I bet none of those surfers would want to visit your sim knowing you.