New SLSA directors announced

The Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) announced a new executive board of directors on Sunday following elections over the weekend. The new directors are Ritch Goalpost, Milo Voss, Carenahh Kuu and Radical Twang, who join Sierra Sugar to make an SLSA board of five.

"I am looking forward to work with the four newly elected directors," said Sierra Sugar, the only incumbent director on the new board. "Ritch, Milo, Carenahh, and Radical all are wonderful individuals with both strong business and creative strengths. I've spoken with each of them many times, both regarding the SLSA and other matters, and I'm excited to see what the five of us can bring to the surfing community over the next several months."

Any of the association's 280 members* were eligible to stand for election, although voting was limited to the 44 members that competed during the last three months of SLSA events (being Majini Island and Monkeh Barrel). However, the new directors were all keen to make clear that they wanted to see inclusive association policies that represent all SLSA members.

"I see my entry as a service to the surfing community, my duty in fact, to make it stronger for everyone," said Milo Voss after the announcement. "It's a fast growing community and the SLSA has to grow with it and keep in step with the needs of its members."

"It's great to be on board! I hope to help provide the SLSA with new ideas to help improve the association and gonna try my very best to take everyone's opinions in to consideration," said Radical Twang.

"In the 18 months since I launched my first surf sim, I have seen the surfing community grow and change considerably, but it has always seemed to keep one thing consistent: community. I want to see that continue and develop," said Carenahh Kuu. "I am also looking forward to working with the other directors and expect to learn a lot!"

The SLSA's electoral process would normally require that two or three new directors be elected every three months, leaving two or three incumbent directors in place for an overlapping three months. However, circumstances necessitated an election for four new directors this time, whose term will now expire at the end of August 2008. The outgoing directors are Portia Roelofs, Seano Osumi, Craig Stallion and Rani Decosta.

* 2 March 2008 figure

URL: SLSA website
Share:

No comments: