Director Candidate - Gia Villano

SurfWatch has been covering Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) elections since it's beginning in 2008.  All the candidates were given the same questionaire with the same deadline and allowed to respond.  Following is candidate Gia Villano's response to SurfWatch questions giving voters a closer look into her candidacy.*







Gia Villano (GiavannaMarie Melody)
Finished 2018 Season 1 in 11th place

 WHY YOU ARE RUNNING

I am seeking re election.  I had a wonderful time over the past 6 months accomplishing many things with my fellow board members.  I have a love and passion for the SLSA ever since I became a member in 2009.  I feel it is important to be active in running such a successful organization that has a rich history in SL.  I have gained much experience over the multiple times as a sitting director and feel I can share my knowledge and mentor other directors. 

WHAT YOU SEE AS THE TOP ISSUES

Some of the top issues I still see are creating more ways to offer a friendly atmosphere other than at completion days.  There has been significant opportunities added over the last few seasons such as Surf Camp, Yard Sale, and Pre Comp Party.  Finding additional ways to grow the SLSA and create opportunities  to gather and have fun is a focus I would bring in my re election.  There is also confusion going on as to how one should use our communication services such as the Forums and Group Chat.  A clear and concise set of rules and regulations that explains disciplinary actions needs to be mainstreamed throughout these areas.  I am also a strong supporter of having well trained staff members such as Judges, Marshalls and MC.  We continue to grow this pool of talent, but it is still a focus that we can continue to strengthen.

WHY SHOULD I BE ELECTED

It is great to see more members stepping up this time around! I support each of the candidates and would love to see them have this opportunity.  I do feel I bring a long history of experience, a great work ethic and a positive attitude.  I would be honored to work with each of these other candidates and even mentor them in their transition onto the board. 

AFFILIATIONS

I am a past team co captain of the very successful  REEF RIDERS team that has merged into Team Tia/CHI.  I do not have any SIM affiliations.  I have owned and ran a couple Surf Companies: Surfari, and Surf Armor.  Both which have been sponsors of competitions over many seasons.  Also, I have been affiliated with Surf Camp, providing  surfing lessons.  Over the past 3 seasons I have also helped organize and perform at Pre Comp Parties.  I am also a Photographer for SurfWatch.  Lastly, I am a member of the SLSA Hall of Fame.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope I can serve the SLSA again for another 6 months.

*SurfWatch has provided this questionaire to all of the September 1, 2018, candidates, and will post any responses we receive before the election.

Share:

1 comment:

SurfWatch/Tauri Tigerpaw said...

Hi Anonymous,
We don't typically post comments without valid identifiers, but we appreciate your sentiments that it's a great thing when individuals come together and share views, and SurfWatch prides itself on doing just that! Thank you for reading SurfWatch!