Exploring the Wave Report: ** THE BEACH ** Rezzing Area

My mission is to hit up every beach in the SurfWatch Wave Report and see who I find and what it's like!

First, you go to the right sidebar of SurfWatch and click on the Wave Report.

Thanks to Kantbe Thursday, this list takes you to a one-click link to all the surfing beaches in Second Life.

First stop:  **THE BEACH**.  On the LM, **THE BEACH** is described as an Adult Public Sandbox & Nude Beach.  So sandboxes are always useful!  And nude beach?  Well, let's go have a look!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jeepster/57/146/21



The tunes are pop:  Seven Lions & Echos - Cold Skin.  I landed right in the surfboard rez area offering me a test board - great for peeps new to the surf scene!  And on top of that, a Surfboard Sale along with other things for sale like skins, swimsuits, etc.




Pretty deserted on my visit but it was a weekday and early SL morning.  Someone left a jet ski just waiting to be revved and a pool ball.


There's a huge party deck for hanging out with friends and an upper deck with game tables.  The shop KYXE Designs is on the sim for shopping so it seems a little overkill to have so many advertising boards marring the beach view.
There are some comfy beach chairs along the shoreline and a POMF wave made by Denise Foxtrot rolling into shore.


I rezzed my board but couldn't click it because of all the effect waves on top, so I bumped it out of the rez area and was able to sit on it but it seemed stuck in the current.  I couldn't get it to move so I used the board rezzer and rezzed an LSD test board.  The wave is short but it's a long run in so you can practice your turns.

My experience?  It's a great spot to catch this wave and work on turns.  It's probably a fun place to hang out with friends and maybe even to do a little shopping.  Check it out for yourself and let us know your experience there!



Share:

No comments: