Mari's Mailbag: Kait Scores High


I just love getting the IM from surfers saying, "Mari, I made finals!!" Thats what just happened recently with the funniest gal I know, Kait Seetan. She surfed in the Tsunami PCX Tandem Challenge VIII with Robbin Ember and they received a 13.16 score !!!

When I first met Kait, she was still learning trix of SL and I
wanted to teach her surfing. She learned quickly and in no time at all was forced into competing...lol yes, forced. She didn't want to. I kept telling her what did she have to lose? She explained her RL was too busy to compete. So one day she comes to me and says "Mari, I have more time, I think I will compete!" She has been since and doing exceptionally well.

So we are here to say compete if you can. It's such a rush. The friends you meet are usually the forever kind in surfing. Dedication and lots of practice will pay off too. Teach all you know to everyone you can and one day you will be hearing they made finals...

Share: