Yendor Destiny, Following His

SurfWatch recently caught up with Yendor Destiny, better known as Yen, ranked in the top 20 of SL surfers after SLSA 2009 Season 1, surfboard graphics designer and owner and creator of Dream Works Customs, makers of custom motorcycles, to talk about his recent success in bike design.  Yendor is also a member of Da Hui No Ka Oi surf team along with his partner and love, Countess DeCosta, owner of Island Sea Dreams.

SurfWatch: How long have you been surfing?
Yendor Destiny:  I started the day I met my love, Connie, January 6, 2009, 16:00:23.  I sat on Tsunami Beach and the most beautiful angel came to me on a wave.  She let me hop on the nose of her board and ran off with my heart.  Words cannot begin to describe how much I love and respect this lady. She is my lady, my mentor, my love, and my wife.


SW:  What made you decide to compete in surfing and would you encourage others to join?
YD:   I would strongly advise for everyone to try surfing.  It is a blast!
  What I tell everybody is, it's the most fun you can have in SL with your clothes on (laughs)!

SW:  We know you design custom surfboards.  What is your inspiration for surfboard graphics?
YD:  That's kind of hard to say.  I do them to my liking and what I feel they should look like.  Right now they're available for people who have mod boards.  I also do custom designs.  For us, we like to share what we make and help others in making what they dream of.

SW:  Yen, tell us about the motorcycle design competition a few weeks ago - your first one - with a couple hundred entries - when you took 4th place.
YD:  The first bike show I entered was the 4th of July Show at Biker City which is owned and operated by Hiiigh Jinx a great guy that helped me a lot, as well as Boomer Michaelson who has become a very close friend and who I will be collaborating with on future ventures. The first bike I built was just something I pulled out of my head not knowing what was going on in the SL bike scene. I thought it came out looking pretty nice. I showed the bike to a few people when I was doing the scripting. They seemed to like it as well and told me about the bike shows and that I should put my bike in one of them. It was very cool and even better that I ended up in 4th over all.


SW: What made you want to design bikes in SL?
YD:  It was the end of the SLSA season 1 for 2009 and there were so many little wars going on between so many in the surfing family, Connie and I were thinking of just giving it all up and walking away. I took my down time to really push myself in building, scripting and just really wanted to see if I could make a bike here in SL. I figured to get the bike I wanted, I would have to make it.

SW: What is your favorite of all the bikes you've designed (it can be more than one) and why?
YD:  I really think my favorite is the bike I just finished. It's a 1949 Harley Panhead Bobber bike, the type of bike I ride in RL and build for others from time to time. It's a very loaded bike with very high details. It can have over 7000 color combos, so I am sure everbody can find one that fits them well (smiles).

SW: What makes your bikes superior over the others that are out there?
YD:  I think the details set my bikes apart and overall quality. I build them as to be as real as you can get in SL and thats my goal - all I do here. I saw many builds that appealed to me but wanted to take it to the next level in build and design.

SW: What do you get out of entering the design competitions?
YD:  I like to display my work for others to enjoy and the builds for me.  I love the fact others get enjoyment from them as well.  Some of the comps are just for fun and learning, where others can pay up to 15,000 L$ and thats pretty cool.

SW:  What other projects are you working on?
YD:  Well, recently Quench Spotter was checking out some of my bikes and said he liked my graphics and asked me to do a sign.  That's kind of turned into making many signs.

To find out more about Yendor and Connie's ventures, check out :
Connie's Island Sea Dreams http://slurl.com/secondlife/Jiradic/178/102/31
Yen's Dream Work Customs http://slurl.com/secondlife/Jiradic/55/183/30
Yen's bikes are also available on SLX

And see more of Yen's bikes in the following upcoming shows:
Biker City Australia Spring Bike Carnival http://slurl.com/secondlife/BIKER%20CITY%20AUSTRALIA/237/115/29
The RocknRoll Indian Summer Bike Show http://slurl.com/secondlife/RocknRoll%20Heaven/88/190/22
Share:

No comments: