How Can Something So Fluffy Be So Hard?

Submitted by Connie Decosta, photos by JT Castanea

WHAT FUN!!!! Well, I was asked to write a piece on fluffies.

My take on Fluffies.  Someone just said to me, well, you were once the fluffy champ.  Thinking I used to hate them when they first hit the scene. Now, well, they would be one of my favorites.

What board to ride on fluffs?  When you become accustomed to a board, you can ride any wave.
The board becomes part of your movement.

Connie's choice:  C3 .  I'm accustomed to it. The ride just happens - it's part of me.  The ride is smooth quick and fun!!@ feel the wave.

VW Sands: Flow Mini-Mal is super slow and relaxed.

Sean Azambuja:  SSI "SSI Only Rider, Bastard, says SSI is the best by far.  And he can fukkitup."

BigKahunna Swashbuckler:  The board you have hanging up in the gray bag. The one that goes over a wave as easily as riding the wave  (HP)

Jax Tremor: Oh well, if they were still around, the original SSI board scripts because they were specifically made for those type of waves. I see the Florida fluffs mixed in with a lot of smaller waves Denise makes.  Those are nice for a little extra boost while in front of a wave.  As far as just riding fluffies, there isn't really a good board for that imo...yet.
The Wave?

Yes there is such a thing as fluffies.  In the real world riding a small wave can be fun but hard to stay on.  Pump it!  Staying on it is the challenge.

Second Life (SL) is no different.  The wave has no high sides for you to hug or fall into.  Picking up the fluff as you paddle into it.  Stay in front.  Crouch into it and pump it.  Let the wave guide you forward and cut back. Flipping.
YEAH YEAH sounds so easy but it does take practice.

Enjoying what your doing helps.
Listening to the right music.
Getting into the vibe
feel the wave
ride it
pump it
flip it
and FLY

The technical dynamics of the wave?  Well, I'm a blond.  That's all I'm saying on that subject.
If I knew all this stuff, I'd make my own wave.

The push is all at the front.  Once you run the lip, don't fall on the back side.  You'll have to chase it so stay out front.  Tricks galore and have fun riding.


Share:

No comments: