The Haunting of Playa Perdida....Part IV

Photo by Kantbe Thursday




Gaining my bearings in the underwater clearing, I jumped at seeing bones jumbled in a heap until I realized they weren't a heap of bones, they were two full skeletons.  They seemed to be frozen in time in a gentle embrace. One of the bony hands held a book of some sort - scrawled on the worn cover just slightly legible was "Journal of Dahlia Patil".  Just beyond them lay a chest of some sort - too heavy for me to lift.  Running out of air, I seared the picture of them into my memory and shot to the surface.

Heavy waves rolled into the bay as a brief squall passed overhead.  I struggled a bit to stay on top of the water and aim for the shore but the current tugged me in different directions. At one point unclear of which way to swim, I knew if I didn't get to shore soon, I would sink to the bottom and become another skeleton.  I gave it every effort I could muster and swam for my life.  I must have lost consciousness briefly because I woke up laying on the sand tangled in seaweed, blue sky overhead and beautiful rolling waves in the bay.

Very glad to be alive, I was very upset to have no clue as to the whereabouts of the skeleton lovers with their journal and chest.  Another day I will plan a hunt and see what treasure their chest or the Jounal holds.  They are here at Playa Perdida, locked in embrace at the bottom of the bay.  Come find them and the treasures they hold.

THE END
Share:

No comments: