Welcome Jus Strat - Newest SLSA Director!

Congratulations to Jus Strat as the new incoming Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) Director position!  He will be serving this term with:  Kris Marley, Solsty Kismet, Gia Villano-Triton and Richie Marley Di Vaio.

Jus:  What an amazing group of people I am blessed to be a part of. Cierra (Theriac-Triton) will be so very missed but she will always be around to help steer me in the right direction.

SurfWatch:  What made you decide to step up and fill a Director role?
Jus:  Solsty, Kris and I are so very close. They are my best friends in any life. The chance to work with them to bring surfing back to the forefront of SL was too good an opportunity to pass up.

SurfWatch:  What do you see as some of the challenges you will face?
Jus:  There seems to be a gap between the veteran surfers and the new kids. I think the biggest challenge is making the new guys realize we stand on the shoulders of giants while letting the old guard see that surfing is in good hands.

SurfWatch:  What do you hope to bring to the SLSA during your term?
Jus:  I intend to continue the work being down by the current board. They have really done such an exceptional job. Being a sim owner I plan to market SLSA much like I do my own sims and continue growing us back to our glory days.

SurfWatch:  What are some of the big issues you hope to impact while in office?
Jus:  I would love our awards ceremonies to be an event. Something people across the grid will come to see and hopefully want to come see what surfing is all about. Our Hall of Fame (HoF) is amazing but could be upgraded to the newer technology we have available now and I would love to see it advance into the land of mesh.

SurfWatch:  Are there any comments you'd like to direct to the SLSA community at this time?
Jus:  I am here and please talk to me. I promise the best ideas won't come from me but the SLSA is fortunate to have so many talented, brilliant members. I hope to make their voices heard.

Refer to SurfWatch Surfer Series:  Jus Strat, Wednesday, April 4, 2018 for more background on Jus Strat

Share:

No comments: