20 Questions: Surf Perspective - Zenon Parnall

Submitted by Zelda Zimberman

1. Name: 
Zenon ... not sure though since most people simply call me Z.


2. Team: 
TUNA - Team (of) Unsolicited Nap Attacks.

3. Surfing Since: 
Since standing on four paws. Some say even before but I lost memory after a board hit my head.

4. Favorite Board and why?: 
My old FAKT, I keep losing it due to SL rezzing problems, but it mysteriously returns all the time. On second thought I might not like it that much, this sounds more like a dog...

5. Favorite Wave and why?:
Really hard to tell, for some reason they all have the tendency to make me wet.
Mavericks maybe, make me think of steaks.

6. How did you come across surfing on SL and what was your first initial reaction to it?: 
You know, all the beaches, all the sand... and then there was the chance to catch a fish without having to dive in.

7. Are you involved in the SLSA (second life surfing association) in any way? (competitions, events, etc.): 
Oh yes, I love their beach. So much sand!

8. What are your thoughts or opinions on the direction on the SLSA from 2012 and beyond?:  They are doing a great job, I was impressed by the SL9B exhibit. Even if there was no fish.

9. What do/did you find positive and negative about it?  How would you like to see it improve more?: 
They should rake their beach more often.

10. Do you compete in any surfing competitions SLSA or non?: 
Nope.

11. What do/did you find gratifying and dissatisfying about  competitions?: 
a) Fun people, b) No fish.

12. How do you feel about the SLSA using non SSI boards for competitions? (ex; HP5, LSD, Action): 
I love seeing people belly on different boards!

13. If you are currently inactively involved in competitions (surfing, judging, etc.) what was the reason for leaving? Would you want to come back and participate? Please explain your answer: 
I'm a lazy cat, I guess that should answer all the above.

14. What are your thoughts on the team dynamics?
Is there a team you particularly like? Why?: 
I like them all, they keep surfing up.

15. Is there anyone on here that particularly had an impact when it came to surfing, mentoring, and overall being a role model for you? Who and why? Please explain your answer: 
Certainly VW Sands, he's the best scratch post of all.

16. What was your favorite moment or memory on surfing here?: 
Oh, definitely when I was happily surfing the Epics, then passed out for a moment and found myself inside a shack several miles inlands. (note to you - not part of the answer: this was an old "glitch" in SL with surfing, old guys will understand).

17. Is there anyone you know or knew that isn't active as much in surfing and would like to see come back? Who and why?: 
Oh well, there are many people I miss from my early days, but SL moves on, and so do people.

18. Many people have strong opinions when it comes to SL surfing and RL surfing. What is your take on the comparison?: 
Wet.

19. Do you have any advice for new SL surfers on here?: 
Talk to people, surfers are usually very friendly folks. Try as many boards and waves as you can, and don't get your tail wet.

20. Any other thoughts?: 
Thinking... (naps away.)
Share:

No comments: