Surf Cove at Playa Perdida Closing

submitted by Austin Novaland

Friends of Playa Perdida,

After more than three years of sharing the relaxing tropical bliss, I have made the very difficult decision to close the sim and move on to other adventures. The emotional attachment I have to this place is considerable, and I’m sure many of you have one as well. Thank you all for sharing the experience with me.

I don’t know what the future holds, so I will neither promise nor rule out creating a new sim at some point. I do know that I have had my fill of public sim ownership for the time being, so it would likely not be anytime soon.

For those who have visited for the surfing, I hope you continue your love of the waves at one of the many other wonderful sims in SL dedicated to this spiritually rewarding activity. For those who love a quiet and beautiful place to relax, I mourn your loss, but trust you will find new haunts where simply being is not only allowed, but encouraged.

The sim will remain open through August 4, 2019, after which I will close it to the public and begin the very sad task of tearing it down. Please enjoy this time that is left by celebrating its existence rather than lamenting its closing..

This isn’t about money. The donation jar has been removed. Please respect this and do not send me any lindens directly.

I have no plans to close the group at this time, though it has never really served a purpose. If you need the space, feel free to leave it. I also will leave the flickr group up, though I will eventually close it to new submissions since it will no longer be possible to take photos on the sim.

Sincerest Namaste
Share:

No comments: