On the Trail of new SLSA Director, Kei Raven

SurfWatch recently caught up with Kei Raven between her Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) Director duties to see how she got started surfing in SL and how it's going in her new role.

SurfWatch (SW):  You've been in SL since 2013.  What brought you into a virtual world?
Kei Raven (KR):  Decided to see what it was like.


Not actual guidebook used
SW: How did you hear about SL?
KR:  I read about it in a book, hun.  Been in SL since 2009.

SW:  A magazine article or something?
KR:  Nope.  An actual guide book.

SW:  An SL guide book?
KR:  Yep.

SW:  Wow, I've never heard of that.  Where did you find something like that?
KR:  Found it in my local library.

SW: So you popped in world.  And what were some of the first things you did?
KR:  Well, on my main, it was just to get acclimated.

SW:  Like how to move around?
KR:  That and somehow fell into the Bloodlines game.

SW:  How long have you been SL surfing?
KR:  Since February 2016.  Dumb luck (laughs).

SW: Tell us the story.
KR:  I think it was just that on my main, I was just getting bored and so thought I would see if there was surfing, not comps for it.  So next thing I know, I get Kei and she comes back off a little break, and she got the surf comp bug.

SW:  Had you seen a comp?
KR:  On TV in RL (laughs).

SW:  What drew you to competition surfing?
KR:   Just wanted to see what it was like.

SW:  So you said you just wanted to see what competition surfing was like.  How did you hear about it?
KR:  I just did a random search for surfing and found SLSA.

SW:  What did you like about it when you did go to your first competition?
KR:  It was fun.

SW:  What are some of your favorite memories of SL surfing?
KR:   The comps, the friends, the teams.

SW:  Can you think of a specific competition memory that is special to you?  Have you placed in the top 5 or had an especially awesome run that comes to mind?
KR:   My first comp at Solace beach back in February 2016 where I place 3rd.



SW:  What made you decide to run for Director?
KR:   Wanted to bring back a little bit of what I saw when I first joined the SLSA.

SW:  What do you hope to accomplish or learn in your tenure?
KR:   Maybe bring the SLSA back to its glory days.

SW:  When you say you wanted to run for Director to bring back a little bit of what you saw when you first joined the SLSA, what was it you saw that you wanted to bring back?
KR:  Basically for me, the glory days of the SLSA was back when I joined the group when there were more activities and parties.  Now there are barely any teams and parties are so far and few.

SW:  What has it been like for you as Director to this point?
KR:  Currently not too stressful but who knows what might happen in the next 3 months.

SW:  What else do you like to do in SL?
KR:   I go to Disney sims and Amaretto auctions.

SW:  Is there anything else you'd like to add?
KR:  Nothing more for now but Go Tai Chi Zen!












Share:

No comments: