New HoF Curator, Cierra Theriac

SurfWatch recently caught up with newly appointed Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) Hall of Fame (HoF) Curator, Cierra Theriac, to get her thoughts on stepping into this new position.

SurfWatch (SW): How do you feel about becoming the new Curator - I think you are only the second person in this role.
Cierra Theriac (CT): I believe so.  Ritch Goalpost created the Hall of Fame, but Sally (LaSalle) was the first official curator.  I feel honored, who wouldn't?  I will try to live up to everyone's expectations.

SW: What is your understanding of Curator duties?
CT:   Wow, probably more than I am anticipating.  Beyond putting it out for a vote seasonally, plaques have to be made, um... The HoF building itself needs to be maintained and up to date. And I am sure I am forgetting a ton of things.  Luckily Sally said she would send me everything I need.

SW:  It sounds like it will be a smooth transition with Sally still around to help if you need it.  Was it a surprise to you to be nominated?  Or had you been in discussion with the Board?
CT: I heard, do not remember from who, that Sally was stepping down. Then she ran it past me, to see if I would be interested.  I assume she then went to the Board about it.  They asked me officially if it was something I would be willing to do.  I am very grateful Sally will still be around.  I am sure I will have questions (laughs).

SW: When do you start your official duties, or has that already started?
CT: I don't think there was an official date.  Probably when the Board announced it. It will feel real once Sally passes me the things the make the Hall of Fame, but I am ready to go, so I have moved the "curator" name plaque to my desk (smiles).

SW:  Thank you for your time and congratulations on stepping into this important role with the Hall of Fame!

Share:

No comments: