Grab A Wave...



The other day I stopped by Solace Dreams for a relaxing stroll along the beach. I was enjoying the view of the Sunset waves rolling in across the water and happened to notice a few green dots on my radar near the board rezzer. I headed over to find some people I had never met before talking in local chat about how cool everything was. I said hello and enjoyed some friendly surf conversation.

A guy named LoneSurfer was teaching beginner surfers Crafty and Shady how to rez boards and learn the basic controls. I thought to myself how cool this was so I shared with each of them a copy of SurfWatch In World Magazine and posted the SurfWatch blog address in local chat. LoneSurfer responded with an enthusiastic "Thanks Dude!" I think they were all amazed at how deep the Surfing Culture is in SL.

I stood on the beach and watched them surf for a bit. Wasn't too long until I started searching my mess I call my inventory folder for my favorite pair of blue Splendeurs Maresia boardies. AHHHH FOUND THEM!!! I tossed them on, grabbed a Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) rezzer board and paddled out to the lineup buoy. It was very awkward for me because it was the first time out on a board in well over 4 months, and even more different without someone special riding on the back with me.

After a few waves I met another surfer named Melian Catronis who was tuning up for an upcoming Pro Comp Series. We talked about boards and competitions and mingled with the other surfers for bit. Everyone was excited and stoked about surfing in their own way, so it was naturally time for a PARTY WAVE!!!! We paddled out and all jumped a wave together, everyone was twisting and spinning and jumping in every which way and direction. Afterwards we all paddled back in to the board rez area and Melian said, "Every now and then, you just have to go out and make a wave your (female dog)! Crafty added, " That was fun! I can't believe Cadwallader isn't here... we know about this place thanks to him".

So, after being off the waves for a few months, it really was nice to be able to go out and enjoy a fun evening of surfing with some really nice folks who all had their own special surf vibe. If you been away like me, I encourage you to come on out and grab a wave sometime!

Surf Safe!

Jimbo the Cartboy
Share:

No comments: