Candidates Announced - SLSA March 1st Elections

Submitted by Cierra Theriac

The Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) Board member elections are coming up on March 1st. There are two openings and two candidates have submitted themselves for consideration: Revlon (Revy) Benoir and Imzadi Amaterasu. 

Below are their submissions to the board:

Revlon Benoir
"I Revlon "Revy" Benoir would like to place myself in consideration of the position of SLSA Director.

I am available for the full term from March 1st, 2012 through August 31st, 2012.

I am affiliated with T'ai Ch'i Zen as a surfer and team lead.

I am a Gold Level SLSA Sponsor and the owner of the Enchanted Break sim. My SIM is currently registered as a venue in the current season.

I am the originator and organizer of the yearly Surf Festival.

My vision for the SLSA mirrors the spirit of my Surf Festivals. The festivals give the community a chance to step back and take a breath and just let surfing in Second Life be fun.

We do this by including everyone and working together. The very first artwork I created said For Surfers By Surfers and I have placed that on ever piece of artwork since that time.

It is my belief that the SLSA is for Surfers By Surfers. I am not going to promise that I will come in and "FIX" any single issue. But I will promise to be open and honest with every surfer that cares to share a concern with me. One of my favorite quotes is from Margaret Mead:

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Namaste
Revy

(Editor's Note:  Revlon Benoir was given special permission by the current SLSA Board to run as, per eligibility rules, she had not competitively surfed in the required number of competitions within the required time frame.)

Imzadi Amaterasu
My name is Imzadi Amaterasu.

I am interested in serving another term on the SLSA's Board of Directors. I think I could continue to contribute ideas and help see things thru as I have in the past. I believe I am a strong team player and can separate my own interests for whats best for the SLSA community as a whole.

I am a member of Team Surfcrazy. I do not have a product or own a sim myself but I am General Manager of Lightening Video, an SLSA sponsor. I also manage Jaguar and 4 others.

Thanks for your time in reading my application.
Zadi"


*Posted in the Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) forums: http://surfslsa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1972
Share:

No comments: