A New Tradition


SurfWatch:  Sunrize, tell us what got you interested in hosting a monthly birthday/rezz day celebration? 

Sunrize Mornington:  I have always enjoyed giving parties as well as going to them so I wanted to see what I could do with that to help the organization I love so much. Maldrul and my sister, Sonya, started to do a birthday/rezday celebrations at the club Maldrul DJs for on Fridays. It was such a big hit with SL's new users as well as the veteran users that I thought it might work to raise money for Archi (Archipelago). Instead of a costume contest I thought it would be more interesting for our purposes to have raffles.

SW:  Will you have a fundraiser raffle each time?

SM:  Yes I hope to. As long as the stores and Icy are as generous as they were for this one, it will be easy to do. :)

SW:   How successful was the raffle in raising funds for Archi?

SM:   All total we raised a little over L$13,000 to help support Archipelago.

SW:   If people have ideas for other events who do they need to contact?

SM:  As the Archi sim manager they can contact me, of course they can contact any of the current directors as well.

SW:  Anything else you would like to add?

SM:  Yes. I would like to thank my helpers, Damiana Babcock and Maldrul Morris. I would also like to thank Icy (Fredricksson)  for letting us use James Isle. Of course I thank all those that gave to the raffles and those that played the raffles. Without them this could not have been a success.
Share:

No comments: