Mari's Mailbag: Christmastime 2010

submitted by Marianna Monentes

Yesterday Tauri asked me to write again for SurfWatch since I have things situated finally. Took some doing but the new sim is going very well, so I have some free time in which to write.


Since it's Christmastime, I decided to write about love and bonds that form here in Second Life. Funny, when I first came to Second Life it was all about creating and learning all I could in this virtually cosmic world. That soon changed when my friendships became much deeper because communication doesn't go in one ear and out the other. No, here we read what's said and most of the time preceive what was intended. I feel we are better listeners here because most times we are reading.

The feeling of love we feel during Christmastime stays with me most of the year here in Second Life. Sure, there are stresses and misunderstandings, but they are quickly forgotten with laughter and discussing our feelings with the many friends we have met here.

So now that it is Christmastime, share your time if thats all you have to give. You will be bonding with someone who might otherwise be needing a smile.

Merry Christmas,
Mari
Share:

No comments: