The Pursuit of Perfection

submitted by Arjuna Bombastic

“I surf for the speed … the thrill ... the excitement … its all so addictive” whispered Fonda Fogue between breaks. The next big thing to hit SL Surfing, Fonda was showing me how to navigate through the sexy, slender half pipes of Bonduran Beach, warm and golden from the dancing hues of a glorious sunrise, West of Ireland.

Paddling out to approach the waves, my mind begins to phase shift.

There she is in all her glory, breaking the calm of a rippleless surface, unrestricted power coursing towards the sandy beaches where she finally lays to rest. My heart begins to pound as I get closer. The carnal need and seduction of taming her, of creating my dance upon her breaks … intoxicating.

I hit the surf and ride out. Each break, I get to know her better. She is different from the rest. She is special.

And so begins the relentless pursuit, wave after wave, for that ultimate ride. Understanding her, how she responds to my touch, controlling my movements, synching my every living fiber to resonate perfectly with her vibrations, allowing me to harness her energy, to manipulate her form, to make her sing to my command as we perform together the dance of a thousand dances, my personal Masterpiece.

I have to have her, I have to make her mine.

We are all here for various reasons. Enjoying the calm beauty of the beaches, goofing around with friends and loved ones, creative self expression limited only by what the wave chooses to share with us, moments of solitude where we can listen to ourselves think against the sound of crashing of waves across rocky breakwaters, just to name a few.

Surfing is a personal experience.

For many, just like myself, there is a need for that addictive sweet emotion of triumph and conquest when we shake our booty jiving, cutting, shredding and carving to our own special tune upon a living, breathing dance floor with a mind of her own. The world fades to black leaving only us and the wave … The perfect ride.

Our dreams, Our imaginations, is Our reality.

My name is Juna, the baby of Team SurfWatch, and I look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences along this trip of a journey that is SL Surfing with you.

Enjoy the pursuit of your personal experience and perfection.

Selamat Jalan,
Juna
Share:

2 comments:

Abel Halderman said...

Beautiful, Juna!

Unknown said...

He has an amazing way with words, and is always spot on in the way her sees things.