Mari's Mailbag - Team Commitment


When thinking about being on a team, putting your heart into it is key. We all have busy schedules, and that's understandable. It's important, though, to be "there" when you are online when you join a team. The practice you do will make the difference when you compete which is true in any endeavor. Your team will excel immensely if your heart is into it. You, too, will find you love it even more as you learn new trix. I know for me, the more I learned, the more I loved it...couldn't wait to perfect each new trick taught to me. Most teams fail when surfers don't follow through. If you sign up, you are making a commitment . So, before you do, think about your schedule and also think about actually competing. It's one thing to be on a team and just hang out.  It's quite another to actually compete. The feeling one gets when the marshall says take the next wave - what an adrenaline rush. Even though some think of this as "just" a game, I will tell you that to me... that is as real as it gets.


Share:

No comments: