"Ever since my twelfth, I've been looking forward to my sweet sixteen."

submitted by Ashleigh Dickins

The quote in the title is from one of the best movies of all time, and definitely one of the most quotable.










After attending Lacy Rossini's fantastic Sweet Sixteen surprise party on Maa on March 19, I have the urge to indulge my inner dork and settle in to watch Sixteen Candles, the movie that quote was from. In it, the family forgets Samantha's (Molly Ringwald) birthday. 







Luckily for Lacy, she did not suffer the same fate.










This party was certainly sweet and fit for a princess.










 With a Renaissance theme, the grounds were decorated with a gorgeous castle custom made for the birthday girl by Fibber Shin, and surrounded by gardens.








Fancily dressed party attendees entered under an arch and into the castle where they were graciously greeted as Lords and Ladies.









The lovely birthday girl enjoyed being surrounded by family and friends and dancing to music from DJ's Lynda Mimulus & Desirae Beaumont.








 There was also a large tiered birthday cake with candles to be blown out. The birthday girl's parents, Wilfrid Decuir and Kimmy Jigsaw were there, of course, as well as brother MarkFoo Waverider.








Among the surprises was also a beautiful dress custom made by Velvetori Twine of Velvet Rhythms. The party was organized by MaryAnn Maa of Maa Vista & Eons Ballroom.









So now I paraphrase Jake Ryan and say "Happy Birthday, Lacy. Make a wish." I hope that if it hasn't already, it does come true.
Share:

1 comment:

Jimbo said...

Happy Sweet 16 Birthday Lacy! Your party certainly topped my Star Wars themed party I had at Chucky Cheese Pizza!!!