Island Sea Dreams - Official SurfWatch Merchandiser

SurfWatch proudly recognizes Countess Decosta of Island Sea Dreams, one of two Official SurfWatch Merchandisers of SurfWatch clothing and accessories.  We asked Connie to share some of her history and background in Second Life (SL) with our readers:

Countess Decosta

Joining SL early 2007, I was fresh out of newbie school and headed out into the big wide world of SL.  So exciting, so new.  The world of the newbie hit me. What do I do?  Where do I go? how do I find people ?  I joined with my ex who had been in SL for 4 years prior.  I joined a rock band and hung out for awhile with the rock scene.

Being new to SL, I eventually headed out on my own to find the new world. On my journeys, I found Surf City. I ran into Rob (Mapp) and Mick (Lunasea) sitting on the beach one day talking about real surfing. I liked what I heard and joined in.  As I grew up on the beaches on the Gold Coast and still live there 45 years later, I felt like I fit in totally.


Mick and Rob wanted to show me how to surf in this unreal world, and I couldnt work it out at first. I thought, "That's not surfing (laughs)".  But as I learned,  I made the board do the things I wanted it to do - turn when I wanted. Rob made some pretty neat boards and everyone of them different.


The Second Life Surfing Association (SLSA) started that year, and Mick wanted me to surf. I put it off as I was still in a rock band, going to SL University three times a week and hanging out at a Club. I finally converted to surfing the following season where Mick and I started to hang and he taught me all he knows.
The surfing comps started, and I used to surf, thinking, "Omg, I'm surfing in SL!  How funny."  I'm not a computer person and couldn't work out the damn keys ( laughs). Well, now I just hang ten on a board, surf
the comps and generally hang with my mates.


Over the years, I have made all my own clothes and opened my first shop on Surf City.  I make things basically for myself then thought, why not share them with people? I love to share and hope others can get as much joy out of what I make as I do.  I've had many shops around the sims and currently own Island Sea Dreams right next door to my love's bike shop (Yendor Destiny, Dream Works Customs).  We customized and make to order, mainly. All my bikinis and swimwear can be made to suit, and if you don't find something you like, just leave me an IM with request.  I'd love the challenge.


Over the last year, I have been performing Murder Mysteries and have one next month scheduled in February.  They're great fun, and what's a good old murder between friends!  In my spare time, I have headed the communities departement for Burning Life for the last two years, and what a blast.

My Life wouldnt be complete if I hadnt met my love. I was surfing alone one day on a beach feeling a little down as things were changing and along came this gorgeous hunk of man. I caught the wave in and before me - WOW!  We spoke, and I introduced Yendor into surfing with me on my board.  From there, we surfed
everywhere together.  It was a dream come true. We have now been together a year January 6th, 2010, and loving every minute we're together.  Colleen Brennan takes ownership of putting us together (laughs).  If not for Tsunami Beach, we may have never met.

I now spend most of my time with my love when we're on and making my clothes and new line for this coming summer. And when not building and being a total silly billy, I love my surfing.  If you would like to IM me anytime, I'm always open to helping others and believe in showing newbies how to create. Its magical.

SurfWatch has a new line of incredible merchandise created especially by Connie Decosta for SurfWatch.  Look for it to be debuted at the SurfWatch 2 Year Anniversary Celebration and available for sale March 2010. 
Share:

No comments: