Emi's Birthday Bash

submitted by Chaos99 Braveheart



Discovering the Rose Theater was one of Emi's favorite sims, I immediately booked her birthday party there.  I knew I wanted a live musician, but didn't know who. One day Emi took me to see Digby Smalls perform live in concert and had mentioned, "I'm in love with his voice, and it gives me an eargasm" (laughs)  Like a hawk on its prey, my eyes were dead set on booking Digby. After a weeks of stalking him during his gigs and sending him countless numbers of offlines and notecards, he finally responded back with unfavorable news. "10 PM SLT is like 2 am over here, and its just too late, I'm sorry."  I wanted to say, " Hey, Digs, that's 1 AM eastern time, stick to singing, and stay away from any accounting jobs" (laughs).  Not to belittle him with his poor math but in hopes of booking him as it was truly 1 hour sooner! Giving up on trying to talk Digby into the gig, I tried to get her more involved with attending concerts in hopes of booking someone she likes. All thanks goes to Chloe Platini of bebe dolls (had to plug it in there) for helping me find a replacement. Chloe and I were at one of  Damian' Carbenell's concerts and a tp was sent out for Emi.  She immediately fell in love with his voice and with his love for the piano, he was a winner!!! Because of  Damian's mad piano skills, he took the crown. 

To work on the invitations, I asked a long time best friend of hers, Shelby Fitzerald, for a list of friends.  To design invitations, I hired the most creative person I knew - once again, Chloe.  I wanted the party to be a surprise, so after sending invites, I followed them with countless offlines to make sure everyone kept a lid on it (I call them courtesy reminders) 

Finally, the day of the party.  I wanted to truly surprise her.  I told her that we were just hanging out at Ambrosia Dance Club during my set. I had this elaborate idea that once she was there and I started to work at my DJ job, she would be fooled into believing that this has to be it.  As I opened my set with a remix of Hello Seattle by Owl City, I pretended to be having some technical difficulties and faked a crash. Using a back up DJ to cover my fake crash, I snuck out of the club and to the party location and sent Emi a TP to where everyone was waiting.

On her rezzing, the whole crowd went off with massive "Happy Birthday" gestures and local chat was cluttered with birthday wishes and all Emi could utter was, "Oh, my, god" . She told us she was crying, she was so happy and felt so loved by not only a few close friends but people she didn't know. Damian came thru with an awesome performance.  He even played a dedication that I requested for the birthday girl - Edwin Mccain, "I'll be", because truly I am and will be the greatest fan of her life!

I want to thank all of Emi's friends who were there and helped in so many ways and those who could not attend, as well as The Rose Theatre, owner Kaya Angel, for all his amazing customer service; Damian Carbenell and his management crew and last but not least, Emilyn Knoller, for loving me. And I hope she realizes this goes to show how many and how much people care for her and love her just as much as I do.
Share:

1 comment:

Buffy Munro said...

Awww I am sorry I couldn't make it but it seems like a great time was had by all!! Love you Em x x