Surf naked

By Socks Clawtooth,
Senior Furry Correspondent.

I'm a furry, the picture (right) should pretty much remove all doubt of this fact. A lot of my fur friends want to try surfing, but there's a snag. A lot of us don't wear clothing normally. I mean we're not being vulgar, but can you imagine your favourite pet, who already has a permanent fur coat, wearing something over it to walk around? Well neither can a lot of my furry friends. So they go 'naked'. So finding a place that they can try surfing, well it's not easy.


It's not an exaggeration to say that 99% of the beaches in Second Life that support surfable waves are not 'nude beaches'. Oh sure, there are nude beaches out there, but most of them are hangouts (pardon the expression) more than surfing areas. And just because I know there are a few prudes, 'nude beach' does not mean 'sex on the beach'. It just means 'clothing optional'. And for my fur friends, that means they don't have to dig in their inventory to find something to wear.


But I really want to share the fun of Second Life surfing with my fur friends, so I go on safari to find that 1%. Let me tell you, finding that 1% is not easy! It's doable, but not easy. Ok, fine, a casual search of 'nude surf beach' and you get some interesting places in Second Life, most of which don't even offer actual surfing! Or if they do it's on a 'party board' which is like standing on a platform as you get whitewash on your ankles. Woah, hold me back, I'm gonna party like its 1999.


On the off chance they do have fluffy or pipeline waves, now the real fun begins. Find a place to rez your board. Some are easier than others, and no nude beach with surfing waves have loaners on the beach. Now make sure that you are, indeed, on a nude beach and not a victim of keyword commando tactics and subject to being thrown off the land and possibly losing your surfboard. Now try to ride in a sim not build for good surfing, and usually has sale boards and other things peppered all over the place. That is assuming, naturally, that you can even find the water after you're forced to teleport into the middle of a mall with "BUY OUR BITS!!!!" on hundreds of prim sale boards, each with it's own unique graphic that takes an hour to load.


A rare find in Second Life: a surfable nude beach


You'd think that in Second Life, a place where you can buy scripted body parts, a place where proportion and scale have little to no meaning, a place that "teh intarweb is 4 p0rn" is proven time and time again, you'd think naked surfing would be more predominant. Granted, most surfers really don't want to see 'bits' when they ride, but there's something to be said for the vulgarity of the idea too. But I'm surprised that it's not easier to find places you can, well, let it all hang out!


Nakedness has it's time and place in Second Life, and I'm not suggesting that all surf beaches go 'nude'. In fact, in a lot of cases, it's a good thing they're not. Thankfully, unlike the real world, that big hairy guy with and the gold necklace doesn't look like that online. All I'm saying is that in Second Life, we design our own bodies, and a lot of them look very nice. It's a shame to keep them always covered. Or, at least from a furry perspective, it just makes sense for some of us to go about sans clothing. As long as it's not public sex or acts of vulgarity, there's nothing horrible about being naked, especially virtually so.


So, I'd like to announce that I'm planning on opening up a 'clothing optional' surf beach some time in the future when I have gobs of disposable income. It won't be much, just fluffies and pipes and a beach. Possibly a pier with a dance area too. Why do this? Well, a nice casual place for people to surf, and 'come as you are' doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Mostly for my fur friends, but anyone can get in and surf if you're respectful. And, just to give it the right feel, I may just call it 'Fluffers Cove'. What do you think?


What? I shouldn't include the pier?

Share:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think its a raw bare nakid excellenty idea my furry friend and even better that we get to meet more fun n friendly people or (cuddley furry buddys)with a passion n interest in seconlifes great surfing ...... give me LM and if its ok with you might even get nakid myself without worring if my bum looks big in my jeans anyways wooooot =D

DeVinna Toll clothed/nakid surfer of SL who's excited to just surf anywhere anytime and with good company =)